Reiki is a type of energy healing that originated in Japan that aims to improve overall health and enhance the quality of life. It is a gentle hands on healing technique, founded by Dr. Mikao Usui. The word Reiki comes from two Japanese words; “Rei” means divine wisdom or God-consciousness. The energy comes from a greater source than the higher self. “Ki” means life force energy. Reiki is spiritually guided life force energy, used to treat physical ailments, as well as mental and emotional challenges.
Reiki is a technique designed for stress reduction and promotes relaxation. In addition, several people use it for healing. Reiki is not to be used as a cure for any disease or illness, but it may help the body create an environment that facilitates healing. Reiki is an excellent tool to use as a complement to other traditional medicine.
BENEFITS OF REIKI:
- Promotes harmony and balance
- Creates deep relaxation which helps the body release stress and tension
- Helps relieve pain and supports the physical body healing
- Dissolves energy blocks and promotes natural balance between mind, body and spirit
- Helps spiritual growth and emotional cleansing
- Clears the mind and improves focus as you feel grounded and centered